What is Argonaut?
Argonaut is a JSON library built using Scala. It provides functionality to specify how to convert to and from JSON for an arbitrary Scala object. It relies on the Scala parser libraries (
util.parsing.combinator) to read an arbitrary string into a JSON data type, which is known to be slow. Argonaut is licenced under BSD3 (see
The JSON data type also implements a large combinator library in an effort to make it easy to use, however, much of this library would be better implemented by exploiting partial lenses and a zipper.
Argonaut is intended for simple applications that use specification-compliant JSON. Argonaut is released under a BSD3 open-source licence.
- Lenses and partial lenses for product and sum types, in particular for viewing and updating values of the
- A zipper (
com.ephox.argonaut.Cursor) for traversing and updating a
- A traversal data structure (
com.ephox.argonaut.Shift) that tracks its history of visited positions with an underlying cursor.
- A pretty-printer for outputting JSON values.
- A codec for taking values of arbitrary type to and from JSON values.
To use argonaut, add the following repositories to your build:
override lazy val settings = super.settings ++ Seq(resolvers := Seq( "mth.io snapshots" at "http://repo.mth.io/snapshots" , "mth.io releases" at "http://repo.mth.io/releases" , "snapshots" at "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots" , "releases" at "http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases" ))
Then add argonaut as a dependency:
"com.ephox" %% "argonaut" % "4.0" withSources
- Use a more appropriate parser library (not Scala parsers) to improve performance and usability.
Copyright 2012 Ephox Pty Ltd